- Price€ 39
- Type1 day, Flexible
- Contract Single
- Durations 1 days
Experience Ireland that’s far from the hustle and bustle of Dublin city. Our full-day tour will take you to the monastic site of Glendalough and the heart of Wicklow, also known as ‘The Garden of Ireland.’ You’ll have the chance to seenaturalbeautyspots thatconsistof 50,000 acres of mountains, serene lakes, dense forests, and sparkling valleys. After departing The Wicklow mountains, we will travel to the city of Kilkenny and spend two hours there, approximately.
- Visit the stunning Wicklow Mountains.
- Discover County Wicklow, known as ‘The Garden of Ireland’.
- Explore the mountains, valley and lakes in Glendalough.
- Visit the 6th century monastic settlement at Glendalough.
- Experience the vibrant and beautiful city of Kilkenny.
Know before you go
- You don’t need to print tickets–we accept E-tickets.
- Cancellation policies apply. Please read more on our Terms &Conditions.
- These are Fair Isle Tours’ 2020 prices.
- Weather conditions and circumstances can alter the route.
- Please bring appropriate clothing, including rain gear.
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Audio guide
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Pick-up and drop off
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- Special activities
What is included in the price of the tour?
- Free Wi-Fi on board. - Entrance to all attractions. - All road toll fees. - All parking.
What is NOT included in the price of the tour?
- Refreshments on the route. - Entrance to attractions that are not outlined above.
Where does the tour start?
We will meet in front of College Green on Dame Street. Once you’ve met your guide and fellow travellers, you will board the bus, and the tour begins with heading out via west Dublin.
We recommend you arrive at least 15 minutes before the agreed departure time in front of College Green at Dame Street. Be sure to look out for our signature Fair Isle Tours white buses.
Depart Dublin City
Once you’ve met your driver/guide and fellow travellers, you will board our luxury bus and head south towards the Wicklow Mountain s, also known as ‘The Garden of Ireland.’, we will give you a brief introduction to Dublin city. On our way out , you will pass by the highest village of Ireland and the sugarloaf mountains of Roundwood. Full stop.
Visit Glendalough and Wicklow’s National Park :
We will begin by spending some time learning about 6th century history of the ruins of the monastic city and its founder the hermit priest, St Kevin . We will then visit Wicklow’s National park to take in the views of the beautiful valley, the upper lakes and/or do some walking in the Wicklow Mountains. You could also visit Glendalough Cathedral - home to St. Kevin’s Monastery, the Celtic Crosses, and so much more. Full stop.
The City of Kilkenny:
Travelling from Glendalough, we will make our way to the city of Kilkenny. Upon arrival in Kilkenny, you will be dropped off beside the medieval castle of the Ormond’s. From here, you will have approximately two hours of free time to explore the bustling city of Kilkenny. You can find boutique shops, authentic Irish restaurants and pubs , and an overall unique Irish experience. Full stop.
Return to Dublin:
After Kilkenny, we will make the return trip to Dublin. You will arrive back in Dublin at approximately 19:00. We hope that you will have had a memorable and enjoyable experience while on tour with Fair Isle Tours and we hope to see you again!
Duration: 1 days
Explore the highlights of Northern Ireland on a day trip from Belfast....